Female Outreach Coordinator
Summary: The Female Outreach Coordinator will manage and lead key programs for vulnerable adolescent girls under Lubuto Library Partners’ DREAMS Innovation Challenge grant to keep adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) free of HIV. She will plan and implement a series of interlocking mentoring programs targeting adolescent girls and boys with a focus on gender equity, sexual and reproductive health (SRH), and determination for education, as well as leading outreach efforts.
- Work with LLP staff and other advisors to develop the mentoring curriculum
- Recruit and train 24 volunteer “role model” mentors (aged 22+), manage ongoing communication with volunteers;
- Deliver 3 mentoring sessions/week (1/library) to the all-girls cohorts, focused on SRH, gender equity, and educational goal-setting;
- Co-facilitate 3 mentoring sessions/week (1/library) to the all-boys cohort, focused on SRH and gender equity;
- Identify field trip sites (52 total) for all-girls cohort; coordinate and lead 3 trips on a biweekly basis;
- Plan and host kick-off events and ongoing community events to publicize program activities and outcomes;
- Lead ongoing outreach work (6 sessions/week) with vulnerable AGYW not otherwise reached through library programs, e.g., on streets, through other NGOs, etc.
- Work with the Training Librarian and M&E Officer in monitoring and evaluating all DREAMS programs;
- Work with consultants to train entire staff on gender equity;
- Identify other community resources for referral of AGYW for SRH services;
- Manage budgets related to programs directly under her control;
- Communicate success stories to LLP staff, particularly the Communication Manager;
- Maintain beneficiary records in a confidential manner.
- Educational qualifications related to gender studies and/or public health highly desirable
- 5-10 years of previous work experience with vulnerable children and youth is required, including program design and leadership experience
- Management and training experience highly desirable
- Experience working in a non-profit organization desirable
Skills & abilities:
- Embraces the mission of Lubuto Library Partners;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Possesses extensive sexual and reproductive health knowledge and the ability to create safe, judgment-free spaces for youth of both genders to discuss SRH issues openly;
- Is a strong advocate for gender equality, with a passion for educating and empowering others around gender issues;
- Communicates effectively with diverse audiences, e.g., youth, parents/caregivers, educational administrators, civil society organizations, both orally and in writing;
- Is a “self-starter,” driven to develop and maintain systems and network relationships;
- Organizes and leads efforts, and consistently “follows through” on tasks and goals;
- Displays a positive attitude, shows concern for people and community, and demonstrates presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability;
- Cares deeply about advancing the educational status and rights of young people in substantially disadvantaged communities;
- The Female Outreach Coordinator will spend 100% of her time at the Lusaka Libraries or at outreach locations in and around Lusaka.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter highlighting your specific qualifications for this job, your salary history/requirements, and resume with three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the Subject line
- Include contact information including a phone number in your application;
- Applications not including all of the above will not be considered.
- Applications close on September 23rd, 2016.